Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Oh sweet edamame

I've been eating a lot of edamame recently (a.k.a soybeans). I love the flavor, the crunch, and the vibrant green color.

This is a new veggie for me. I was first introduced to the green beans in their pod form as an appetizer to sushi. It wasn't love at first sight, but when I spied the shelled frozen version in my supermarket, I figured I should try em (a girl can only eat so many carrots). I was hooked.

This super bean got me to thinking...what meals could use a little dolling up with edamama?

My next quest is to take recipes I think could use a bit of crunch and flavor of the soybean. My first thought is a salad, so I'm starting there. I'll let you know what I cook up.

1 comment:

  1. Technically, soy beans aren't a vegetable. They're a legume.

    ReplyDelete