Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2007

$#%*


Yup, I'm cussing. Letting fly a few f-bombs and what have you like the dad From the Christmas Story (which I watched probably eight times during the TBS marathon). My computer might be dead.

You might be asking how I happen to be writing the rage-filled, shoe-kicking, screaming post? From work. Yup. Work.

I had work to do over the holidays, which really isn't as bad as it sounds when one can work from the comfort of their own home, snipping homemade lemon butter spritz, chocolate-dipped spritz, and gingerbread cookies from the kitchen. Oh, and cherry pie and pumpkin pie. I went crazy baking over the holidays. But no pie or cookies or homely comforts for me today. I trekked to work. After clearing the snow off my car, cussing and stomping the entire time.

In my post-holiday recap, I got a breadmaker from hubby. I can't wait to make homemade bread. The father-in-law even asked if he could come over for some bread, so I better buy the ingredients. I also got a lovely set of Rosanna plates from my sister (pictured here with coordinating coasters and platter). They match my wine-themed kitchen and the red flair I got going on. Other than that, not too many exciting gifts. The In Laws did get us a step stool, because "one day we'll need it." One day. Actually, it's a really great idea, but with a tiny apartment, well, it's hard to fit in nonessential items. I guess it'll have to be demoted either to the guest bedroom (otherwise known as the catch all for the things we don't have room to put up, store, or use...not that anyone really comes to visit us anyway...hem,hem) or maybe we can put it in the laundry room where we also have the shop vac that my husband also got from his parents one Christmas (that's another gift that will, I'm sure, be dead useful in the future) and a fabric steamer (it was really useful during The Event that was The Wedding).

However, I did set out and accomplish lots of baking and cooking. Besides the cookies and pies, I also made fajita topped with garlic-laden guacamole (yummy!), and then I made stuffed cornish game hens, mashed potatoes, green beans, and crescents as per our Christmas Eve tradition. Next year I can add homemade bread to the mix.

Also new this year was a ornament exchange with one of my sisters and my husband. From the sister, I got a glass bear holding a trout fish to commemorate our trip up to the mountains earlier this year, where I learned afterwards we could have been attacked and eaten by bears. From the hubby, I got a chubby penguin named Scooter that's an angel playing a harp. Both hilarious, both unique. Can't wait for next year's exchange.

I just hope that I don't have to buy a new computer. $%&*!

No comments:

Post a Comment