Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hooked on Buffy


My co-worker Eric, after hearing my enthusiasm for all things vampire, said I definitely needed to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. These shows started when I was in high school, when I didn't watch much TV and movies such as Underworld hadn't happened yet to get me hooked on vampires. I had remembered the previews as kitchy, so I was a little hesitant to invest the time to watch the series. On Friday, Eric loaned me season 1 and season 2 of Buffy. I've watched season 1 and am already in the middle of season 2.

The Buffy character (player by Sarah Michele Gellar) is not only a woman, she's a kick-ass vampire slayer. And if you know me well, you know that I love any character that's been casted to be a strong woman. I hate it when women have to be the simpering weaklings. The other character I love on this show is Angel. Mmm, mmm, mmm. Hot. I think if I would have watched this 10 years ago as a teenager, I would have been throughly besotted with this character. Even 10 years later I am, just a bit.

1 comment: