Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My husband is no pretzel

In my new found yoga glory, and being the kind of wife that I am, I wanted to see if Jonathan could do a few of my favorite/challenging poses—to possibly share yoga with him. We started with downward-facing dog, and ended up in a fit of giggles. My husband wouldn't last in yoga. He'd be the guy in the back snickering. Yes, he'd be one of those yogis.

Last night, in an attempt to once again share what I feel is very uplifting and inspiring activity, I had him lay on the floor and shift on to his hip, but keep both shoulders on the ground to achieve a twist. While I was busy manipulating his body into the pose and pushing in all the right spots, I look up to see him laughing. "I'm not a pretzel."

Guess yoga isn't something I'm going to share with my partner. I'm going down this road alone.

1 comment:

  1. It's okay JL...I hate the damn down-ward facing dog too! I am of those yogis that curse the entire way through the session until the part at the end where you just get to lay there and the instructor talks about water and rocks. Then I fall asleep. You won't see me in pre-natal yoga classes this time around. If I simply sit on the floor I can hardly get up without assistance. HA!

    ReplyDelete