Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Little monster





As I type this, I'm one eye ready to go back to bed. And it's only 8:23 in the morning. You see, we're working with Vincent to sleep through the night in his crib. Remember how I told you I'd tell you more about my sleep deprivation woes. This is that post.

His bedtime routine is getting a bath and getting swaddled up. He's usually in his crib by 7 or 7:30. And he'll sleep through until about 10 or 11 and then require his pacifier put back in. After that, he pretty much wakes up every hour needing his pacifier. Usually at 1:30 or 2:30 I go in and nurse him. Hopefully he'll go back to sleep, but more often than not, I'm so tired at that point I bring him back to bed with me. Last night we weren't having it. So back to his room we went and I rocked him. It seems that's what he wanted. Not sure when we went from needing to nurse to sleep to needing to be rocked to sleep. Probably has something to do with Grandma Pat watching him. Spoiled baby.

In light of my baby being a little monster and not letting Mamma get any sleep, I dressed him accordingly. Too bad it doesn't say Little S#@t.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, hang in there! I remember those sleep deprived days, being in a daze all day, hardly knowing what time it was day or night. Just know that this will pass. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude - that's not good - mama needs sleep! I would try a schedule and a double feed right before bed.

    ReplyDelete