My gloves are almost done. Almost. I realized I got a little carried away and bound off too soon on my first glove, missing a cable row and five knit rows. Reading directions? Very important. Actually, though, if I had wanted I could have made the second glove in the same fashion. It's less bulkier without the extra cable and rows, but I really wanted that last cable row detail. The end result isn't as satisfying considering my yarn is bulkier and doesn't lay flat, but my co-worker Lucy had an excellent idea to make the edges not curl back, exposing the sensitive skin you're wanting to cover, and make the gloves more secure when typing: knit thin strips between the fingers. Why didn't I think of that?! I haven't ripped out and reknitted the first glove yet, so I need to do that first, but I'm already thinking how I can execute my modification. This whole process has me thinking about other modifications, like using a seed stitch (my fave stitch of all!) detail, and maybe even some matching leg warmers. For yoga you know.
Oh, and my post title, I actually handled my oopsie instead of getting beside myself (i.e. dropping some bombs and giving up). I know how to go back and fix the problem. I'm saved. Or rather the time I invested is saved. I think I'm a real knitter after all. I'll post picture soon, and I'll be taking orders: I have lots of this gray yarn to get rid of. Comment me if you want a pair. Price: Love and peace.