Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New word new year

OK, here's the deal: The new year gets me down. I'm only just realizing the new year heaps on the depression, and that every year around this time, I get down in the dumps. Why? I think I finally put my finger on it: the expectations and pressure to do something profound with this "clean" slate. I always feel like I need to go back to the beginning to have a clean slate. But since it's certainly not possible to be put back in my mama's womb, I guess I need to learn to be OK with superficial clean slates. So deep breath in, and EXHALE!

To help me along with my clean slate is my word for the year: simplify. I heard less is the new more. Profound. Oh and emerald green is the color of the year.


Here are my goals for the new year:
Professionally
  • Create a better portfolio
  • Find a new job
  • Write more, even if it means turning in some rejection letters to some publishers
  • Beef up on social media skills
Personally
  • Practice yoga on the weekends
  • Journal during the evenings
  • Knit gifts for next Christmas
  • Sew a quilt
  • Run in the MuckFest with my family
  • Play more with Vincent
  • Take more pictures
  • Learn how to use my camera outside of the auto mode
  • Be more organized

1 comment:

  1. I love your word! So cleansing and freeing. So refreshing! You can do it! Namaste.

    ReplyDelete