Pages

Monday, May 19, 2008

I know to how to procrastinate

Ugh. Must work. Want to procrastinate. It's 8 o'clock and there's several things I should be doing right now instead of writing here. But I have fans. Fans who lovingly check this blog everyday for new posts. So here I sit at my kitchen table chowing down the chocolate chip cookies J.L. bought be as a surprise (he knows the way to my heart).

Things I must get done:
Edit PDFs for Urban Times
Edit copy for Urban Times
Transcribe interview for an article I'm writing for my day job
Write said article

Here's the timeline of my procrastination:
5-Drive home from work
5:45-Get on treadmill (This can't count as procrastination because technically exercise is one of my goals; it just necessarily shouldn't be at the top of my priority list when I have a list of Things I must get done)
6:21-Call sister, proceed to talk for more than an hour
7:32-Call another sister, proceed to talk for 45 minutes
8:08-Eat chocolate chip cookies and wonder how I can waste some more time
8:09-Write this blog entry

Amazing how you can find something to do when you should really be doing something else, but then you can't find anything to do when you're bored.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fan appreciates the blog entry - procrastinating isn't THAT bad...

    ReplyDelete