Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Security is a big pain

This week my work just implemented a policy that you have to have your key card to ride the elevator now that we are sharing the building with other tenants on the first floor. It's such a pain.

I had always prided myself on not having to wear some hideous badge everywhere like Jonathan does working for the state. Now, my key card is hooked to my clothing with a killer fob where ever I go. I say killer because I think if needed, I could strangle somebody with it because it's only this tiny little rope, like a miniature retractable dog leash. In an age where everyone is security paranoid, it's going a little overboard in my book to make the elevators accessible only by key card. What are the tenants going to do? Rob of us of our crappy computers. I welcome the opportunity for them to do that. I think if anyone tried to rob us, they'd take one look around and think they were transported back in time. Maybe they could make some money—off our antiques!

All I can say is: don't meet me in the parking lot. I'm armed.

1 comment:

  1. LOL...they might take your cool flower lamp and that would be a bummer. I've had a key card for a long time...you can't enter an elementary school without one around here. Welcome to the times.

    ReplyDelete