Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Christmas tree has risen

We did it. Well, actually Jonathan did it while I was in the kitchen making some homemade hot chocolate complete with homemade whipped topping. The Christmas tree is up.

After drinking our chocolate I surveyed the tree, wanting to admire some of my favorite ornaments. I was surprised to see there were empty branches, void of any festive ornaments. I thought I must have imagined the extent of our ornament collection, but once I went hunting, I found that many ornaments weren't on the tree! We missed two boxes of our favorites that were sitting in our closet. Good thing we found them. I would have been heart broken if I hadn't been able to put up my Echo Lake Bear. He's an institution.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the Echo Lake Bear making it on your favorites list! I want your homemade hot chocolate and whip cream recipes! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found all of your ornaments. Have you made your own homemade marshmallows yet? If so, teach Chance and I!

    ReplyDelete