Pages

Monday, August 4, 2008

Treadmill, tennis shoes unearthed

Today I unearthed my tennis shoes and my treadmill. Tennis shoes were in the back of the closet, like I hadn't worn them in a while. Okay, I hadn't. The treadmill was dusty and cobwebby, and our extra blankets and pillows were threatening to overtake it. I guess it's, uh, been a while. It didn't feel like it had been that long, but then, even if it hadn't, the exercise was inconsistent. But it's a new day.

Today I only did half a mile at 3 (a somewhat brisk pace). I plan on slowly building up so I don't over exert myself, because I love to bite off more than I can chew or put in two miles running on that first day. To help me along, I'm recording my success in my iPhone. (MacBaby is so useful.) The goal: two steady miles running. I plan on adding some crunches and push ups down the road, but really I want to start my yoga routine first. There I go again, chewing on my own plans that I can't swallow. Jonathan has promised to keep me honest and motivated. And I hope that if all goes according to plan, not only will I be in shape again, I'll start eating healthy too. They really go hand in hand. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment