Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Resolutions?

Here we are at the start of another year. Usually I'm excited and motivated to find myself with a clean plate. Well, my holiday blahs are lasting into the new year, but I'm determined to put a positive, bright, and motived foot forward. With further adieu, here's my 2009 resolutions. Here's to keeping them!

1. Exercise daily. I've almost got this one down with going to yoga, but now I want to start getting up early and running on the treadmill.
2. Get rid of junk and organize the apartment. It would be nice if my extra/guest bedroom was more of a respite, but it's cluttered, there's videogame wires all over the place, magazines, and crafting stuff all over the place. Goal: trash the magazines, find a way to make the gaming system more hidden (I really hate the sight of wires, don't you?).
3. Send out birthday cards on time.
4. Find healthy recipes that are quick and easy to make. I've relied on pasta too long, and you can so tell.
5. Craft more. I envy so many of my blog friends who make the most amazing things, and I think, I should do that. Projects for the new year: knit soon-to-arrive niece a baby blanket and Valentine's Day cards.
6. Socialize more. This one is a BIG one for me, because I get lazy and comfortable either being at home watching DVDs or Hulu or doing yoga. I need to get out more, before all my social skills deteriorate. Blog readers, I give you a task and New Year's resolution: Get Jess out of the house!
7. Bake bread. I received a breadmaker for Christmas last year. It's about time I make some fabulous bread!
8. Make homemade croissants and ice cream. For some reason, both of these foods scare the crap out of me.
9. Bake and decorate a cake using the cake-decorating tools I received last year.
10. Travel. Maybe the east coast or europe. Don't care just as long as it happens.
11. Blog better. More often, more pictures, and possibly more bling.

No comments:

Post a Comment