Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

On the cusp

Lately, I've been getting that feeling I'm right on the cusp of being that person I want to be and imagined for myself, and what I want to do. It's so easy to let your situation in life define you, or at least to the point you're negative about it. 
I tend to have these grand ideas and little carry through and I think I've let that define me. Mainly because I don't know how to get started (hello, grad school, moving, tiling a bathroom, completely changing careers, writing) or where to start. But I find as I get older, that's changing for me. I'm making realistic goals {at one time I wanted to write for Time magazine. I'll pause while you laugh at how lofty and ridiculous that is} and keeping them. They're little goals, but goals nonetheless. And I'm proud of myself. I'm proud that Vincent has me for his mom and Jonathan has me for his wife. I know they could do far worse and probably much better, but when I look at what we do as a family unit, I can't help but think: We've got it going on. 
So I'm on the cusp. Maybe I always will be, but it seems far better than completely out of reach. And it feels good. Now, if I could just decide a color for my office and bravely roll that color on. 
{sorry for the lack of pictures in this post. Call it wordy Friday post. It was a crazy week where I took almost no pictures.}

No comments:

Post a Comment