Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Dream bedroom?


Well, okay, maybe not my dream bedroom because we all know our dream bedrooms are made out of 24-karat gold and come with highest thread count sheets money can buy and a personal, 24/7 masseuse. But I digress. I saw this image on Young House Love (go there. love it!), and I immediately thought: That's what I want to go after for my dream bedroom. Dark woods, clean (almost beachy?) colors and white. Lots of white.

The sea green wall colors seem a little too sea to me and tone down the plant life, but this is a step in the right direction. I've been getting the question: What color is your bedroom going to be? What colors do you want your quilt to be? Okay, the last question I only get from my super talented and way too genorous sister who makes fabulous (read: not old lady) quilts. She's a quilter (There, Chance, I said it. It's official. You're a quilter. You heard it here first.) and fast on her way to being a seamstress. (It pays to be part of my family.)

Hmm. I think I just might have to start looking at paint samples. Oh joy!

2 comments:

  1. Love the fresh feel of the room! Can't wait to get started on your quilt...or quilts...one for your bedroom...one for your living room....one for your guest bedroom...

    ReplyDelete